Thursday, November 13, 2008

Best Memory with my Grandpa

I want to introduce you to a man that taught me about life, love, and having a relationship with Jesus Christ. Grandpa was my confirmation teacher, mentor, and friend. My grandfather Stanley Blaine Saunders, passed away a couple of weeks ago so he could be with his Lord.



The best memory I have with my grandpa was when I took him golfing at Sioux City Country Club on a perfect fall day. Grandpa always loved the outdoors as he would sit outside on his porch for hours watching the birds. We had such a wonderful time that day on the golf course. Grandpa wasn't a golfer but he sure enjoyed watching me play.



We got up to the long par 5 hole on the front nine, which is way up high where you can see all of the beautiful trees and golf course. I helped grandpa up to the tee box so he could enjoy the view. I hit one of the best drives of the day down the fairway. I looked over at grandpa and asked him if he saw the ball. He was busy looking at the birds and wild life on the other hole. I realized after that what was important in life and that was the time I got to cherish with him.



Grandpa taught me a lot through his actions and words. The best advice he gave me was on our wedding day when he said, "Walk with the good Lord". I'll never forget those words for the rest of my life. Grandpa is walking with the good Lord today and I look forward to the day I can walk with him again in Heaven. I bet he is enjoying a quite the view right now.

No comments: